Download Pale Moon for Linux installer
Latest version: 0.2.2
The Pale Moon for Linux installer (also referred to as pminstaller) can be used to install, uninstall, and update Pale Moon for Linux. To use it, simply extract the pminstaller-*.tar.bz2 archive and run the pminstaller.sh file. A video demo of the process is available here.
Please note the following:
- Some file managers treat the pminstaller.sh file as a normal text file and will try to open it as such (in a text editor). In such cases you must run the installer by:
- Do not invoke the installer as root (e.g. "sudo ./pminstaller.sh"), as the installer automatically elevates itself using su(do). On some distros, invoking the installer as rool will strip the XAUTHORITY variable (without which any graphical program cannot run).
- If you receive a "Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display" error when trying to run the installer, ensure that xhost is installed on your system then try to run the installer again.
- The installer may not run on some "lightweight" distributions since the standard command line tools use busybox (which does not implement all features of the command line tools).
- If the installer does not run because the built-in copy of yad complains about being unable to load a particular library, then you likely do not have the basic dependencies required for any recent Mozilla based product. Please update the related libraries and try again.
- If you have any specialized requirements that the installer does not serve out of the box, then please use the manual instructions to install Pale Moon.
- For further information, please check the pminstaller release notes or visit the forum.
Download tar.bz2 (direct download)
SHA-256 checksum: 26bb73c7567674edcd554cb60df2c752e70c7878cc13aaa57d6a1cc4f1c5809a
PGP signature: [Sig]
pminstaller source code: here.
pminstaller GitHub repo: here.
Site design and Branding © 2015 Moonchild Productions - All rights reserved
Any other content is copyright or trademark to their respective owners.